Nous sommes le 17 Déc 2017, 02:12

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 107 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante
The glossary in english : Le glossaire en anglais 
Auteur Message
Prince d'Orl

gheintze a écrit:
Sorry it's taking so long... I want to finish so I can get back to actually playing the game!

Yep. When you were hijacked to translate the glossaire everyone back here in good old europe thought that you would have been a lot faster. :o But since over the last one or two years there was no translation in english availabe, the delay of two or three weeks is pardoned. :lol: Okay, I can't speak for the president, but I'm sure, he will agree... :)

Yes I am agree :) :D
and, I am very happy, the english players will have a glossary in english. I hope that is going to lure some players into the dungeon ;)

Citation:
Hey, you don't have time to play the game. You have to look the Armstrong-guy how he's cycling over the mountains up to the moon. C'mon, he was the ever first guy on the moon. :mrgreen:

8-)
Citation:

I hope, one day we will have the chance, to match up for DT face to face. 'til then keep in mind: It's our hobby. It has to be fun. And if the translation has longed five month... it would has be fine. Do never apologize for voluntary work you're done for your hobby. Every DT-player who only understands english is in your debt. Remind this.

Exactly. Mario, you are not my voice but you are my mind :lol:

"Dungeon Twister c'est comme les endives : plus t'en manges et plus t'apprécies" - Marco le 15/09/2008

16 Juil 2009, 07:59
Profil YIM Site Internet

Message other terms
Thanks for the kind words, Mayo and Phil. I appreciate the encouragement and have completed the other rules section of the glossary.

The Alps are coming up for the riders -- so now we can see if Lance can still climb. Also, I received some German goodies in the mail today -- the Wood Elf, The Merciless One, and Zephyr the Cheater. A great day for me!

Below are the next translations. I did not know that you could not jump from the starting line. Is this in the rule book?

Others

Action
An Action allows a character:
To reveal a room
To move a character a number of squares lower than or equal to his movement value.
To initiate combat.
To use a special ability.
To use an object.
To jump.
To move one square when entering a water square.

Beast
The beasts can be charmed by the Beast Master.
The beasts are: Araknis, Yeti, Mammoth, and the Werewolf in his non-human (wolf) form.

Combat
When 2 characters are on adjacent squares and there is nothing separating them (no wall or portcullis), then combat can occur. Combat is not required, and in order to attack the player must use 1 AP.
The attacker and defender secretly play a combat card. The two cards are revealed and their value is added to the inherent combat value of the characters (number on the right).
Certain objects like the armor or sword modify the combat value of the characters.
In case of a tie, nothing happens, but the attacker can attack again (if he has AP remaining).
The character with the lowest score is wounded.
Attacking a character who was just wounded during the same turn is prohibited. It is necessary to wait for the next turn to complete the kill.
A wounded character can be attacked and must fight. In this case his combat value is 0, but he still plays a combat card. A wounded character who loses a combat dies and the victorious enemy wins a VP.
Sometimes more than two characters are involved in combat. It's called group combat.

Common objects
The keys, ropes and torches are common objects. All other objects are not.
When choosing a starting team in Equal Forces and Full Frontal Modes, a player can take as many of the common objects as he wishes.

Cursed objects
A character entering a square (even if he flies) with a cursed object, not being carried by another character, is required to take it, even if it means he will drop the current object on the previous square.
The character will not be able to drop the cursed object; he must keep it.
A wounded character cannot keep a cursed object if another character moves through his square; the moving character is required to pick up the cursed object. Moreover, if someone moves through a wounded character with a cursed object, it is necessary to drop any object being carried on the previous square (and not in place of the cursed object). If this is not possible (for example, a pit which already has a rope over it), it is necessary to leave the object on the previous square.
If a character is killed in close combat while carrying a cursed object, one of the adjacent victorious characters must take the cursed object at the end of combat, even if he needs to exchange the currently carried object with the cursed object.
A cursed object is magical, and its curse is negated by the Magophage. A character can get rid of a cursed object upon entering a square in the Anti-Magic Room or a square adjacent to the Magophage during the course of movement. He recovers his full capabilities without waiting until the end of the current action.
A character carrying a cursed object cannot enter or be pushed into a water square.
At the time a room is revealed, the player of the same color as the cursed object places it on an empty floor square, a rotation gear, or a darkness square.
The cursed objects are: the Ball and Chain, the Ring of Weakness, and the Flying Carpet.

Elf
Elves can use secret passages and are invisible when they are in a tree, except to other elves.
The Elves are: Elf Scout, Enchantress Elf, Archer Elf.

Flying
There are two types of flying characters. The Wizard or a character using the ability of the Scroll of Flight -- magical flight. Angels, the Bat, the Lightning Elemental use natural flight.
During their movement, flying characters can pass above the falling rocks, pit traps, rifts, water squares, lava squares, and other 3D obstacles. However, they cannot stop there, except on a box of water. Flying characters cannot move over the walls, columns, brambles of the Druid, rubble of the Illusionist, and webs of Araknis. Flying characters can fly over squares occupied by enemy characters.

Frozen
A frozen character is subject to the following rules:
He cannot carry out any action (jump, movement, abilities, attacks, etc...).
He has a -1 penalty to his combat value (which cannot be less than zero at any time).
He can defend himself, and take part is group combat in defense (if the controlling player so chooses).
Friendly characters can move through the square he occupies (as if he were not frozen).
It is possible to take and give objects or wounded characters to frozen characters.
It is possible to stop on a frozen wounded friendly character.
A frozen character (wounded or unwounded) cannot be transported by anyone.
A frozen character is thawed out if he is given a torch. He is immediately able to act as normal.
It is impossible to freeze a character carrying a torch, the Fire Elemental, or the Ice Elemental (the action is valid but has no effect).
If a character carrying a wounded character is frozen, the wounded character is not frozen. It can be taken and carried by another character.
The frozen character hangs on to objects: an opposing pickpocket can steal his object, but he will not lose his cursed object if someone moves through him, whether it is an adversary or a friend.

Group Combat
When more than 2 characters are adjacent, group combat can take place.
Group combat is handles like normal combat, except all the combat values of the combatants are totaled.
All the characters on the losing team who participated in the combat are wounded.
A wounded character cannot participate in group combat (unless he is the one who is directly attacked).

Jump
A jump is an action.
When a character carries out a jump, he must use a jump card (each player has three to use during the game).
When a character jumps, he moves two squares, either in a straight line or an "L" shape.
A character can jump over a pit trap, a rift, a water square, a lava square, or falling rocks. He is forbidden from jumping over rubble. He is not allowed to jump over a wounded character, no matter what type of terrain he is on.
A character having a combat value above 3 can jump over a bridge (except the Red Dragon).
When a character jumps, he can land on an empty floor square or a square containing an object or a friendly wounded character. (Except, he cannot use a jump to leave the starting line.) Under no circumstances can he jump and land on a square occupied by an unwounded character which is his color or a wounded enemy character.

Line of Sight
Line of sight is the field of view of the character. It extends from the character's square until the first object it meets in a straight line.
Line of sight is blocked by: an unwounded character, a wounded character (except that carried by the character who is using the line of sight), a wall, a closed portcullis, mist (Line of sight can leave a mist square as long as there is no other mist square in the line of sight.), a Fountain of Youth, a 3D obstacle, a staircase (Line of sight can leave a staircase and may reach a staircase, but cannot cross it.), rubble, darkness, columns, armories, trees, webs, vines (Line of sight can leave a vine square and may reach a vine square, but cannot cross it.),
Line of sight is not blocked by: an object, a pit trap, a rotation gear, a rift, falling rocks, water squares, lava squares, a bridge, and ultra-gravity well, a brazier, a pit trap trigger, a remotely activated pit trap.
A character in a tree does not have his line of sight blocked by characters, 3D obstacles, stairs, and vines. A character in a tree can target a character of his choice located behind other characters (wounded or unwounded, friendly or enemy).

Magic
The following are consider magical: levitation of the Wizard, illusions, the Fireball Wand, all scrolls, all rings, all potions, Fountains of Youth, 7 League Boots, ultra-gravity wells, the Sylvan Shield, the Runic War-Hammer, cursed objects, all the abilities of magic users (except the Ice Witch).
The following are not considered magical: the ability of the Wall Walker, the ability and healing of the Cleric, the regeneration of the Troll and the Undead Dragon, the breath of the Red Dragon, ability of the Ghost, ability of the Magophage, ability of the Specter, ability of the Holy Cross, ability of the Katana, the ability of the Samurai, the Dragon Slayer, the Fire Shield, the Anti-Magic Room, flying specified as non-magical (Angels, the Bat, etc...).

Magic-Users
Magic-users can use scrolls.
Magic-users are: the Wizard, the Illusionist, the Telekineticist, the Prophet, the Necromancer, the Druid, the Enchantress Elf, and the Ice Witch.

Prestigious
A prestigious character give 2 VP instead of one to the enemy player who kills it. For the moment, the only prestigious characters are the dragons.

Ranged Combat
Only the Crossbowman, Archer Elf, Lightning Elemental, or any character armed with a Crossbow or an Elven Bow can initiate ranged combat.
The character muxt have a line of sight to his target and cannot be adjacent to an enemy character. The combat value for this attack cannot be modified (3 for Crossbowman, 2 for Archer Elf and Crossbow, 1 for Lightning Elemental and Elven Bow).
The character can support group combat with a ranged attack. He cannot support a defensive combat.
The character cannot be wounded while participating ranged combat, even if he attackes and loses (even against another ranged combatant).
The character can participate at range in a group combat, even if another character on his team also is participating at range. Ranged combat is considered to be an attack. This means that you cannot initiate a group combat (ranged or otherwise) to target a character already wounded this turn, no matter how the character became wounded.

Regeneration
Regenereation is an ability of the Troll, the Undead Dragon, and the Werewolf.
Regeneration is not magic
Regeneration for the Troll and Undead Dragon follows these rules:
The can during their turn, for 1 AP, return from the wounded state to the unwounded state. It is forbidden to regenerate during the turn in which the character was wounded. A character who regenerates cannot make any other actions during that turn, not even to participate in group combat.
Regeneration for the Werewolf has slightly different rules:
If the Werewolf is in his human form and wounded at the time that his controlling player plays his "5 actions" card, the Werewolf transforms himself into the Werewolf and regenerates to the unwounded state. This ability of the Werewolf does not cost any AP. The Werewolf can only regenerate if he is in compliance with the Golden rules at the end of regeneration. When the Werewolf regenerates he cannot make any other actions during that turn, not even to participate in group combat.

Revealing a room
Revealing a room is an action.
To be able to reveal a room, the player must have a character adjacent to the room. A wall, closed portcullis, or ice slope may not be between the character who reveals the room and the room to be revealed, even if the character has the ability to pass through walls.
When a player reveals a room, he places all the tokens except the objects of his own color. Each token must be placed on an empty floor square or a rotation gear. Two tokens may not be placed on the same square. No token can be placed on a mist square. It is forbidden to place characters or the torch in darkness, but other objects may be placed there.

Rotating (or twisting) a room
A character located on a rotation gear can for 1 AP rotate the room in the direction indicated by the arrow one quarter of a turn. He can also for 1 AP rotate the paired room a quarter turn in the direction indicated by its arrow.
The Mekanork chooses the direction of room rotation without worrying about the arrow.

Scrolls
Scrolls are magical items that can only be used a single time. They can only be used by Magic-users.
Scrolls are useless if they are used on, into, or through a square or character on an Anti-magic square or a square under the influence of the Magophage (however, the object and AP are spent).
The available scrolls are: Charm Scroll, Scroll of Reconstruction, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Inversion, Scroll of Flight, Elemental Scroll, and Scroll of Ice.
There are 5 neutral scrolls that can be used in scenarios or found in the library (room 16 - Fire and Water expansion): Charm Scroll, Scroll of Reconstruction, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Inversion, Elemental Scroll.

Undead
Undead characters can be killed by the Holy Cross and the Sacred Tomb.
The undead characters are: the Mummy, the Ghoul, the Undead Dragon, the Shadow, the Ghost, the Specter, the Dark Angel, Zombies, the Vampire, the Bat.

Wounded
A wounded character must remain motionless.
However, a wounded character may be transported by a friendly character as if he were an object. A wounded character who escapes on the opponent's starting line does not earn a VP.
A wounded character cannot use an object that uses AP for its abilities (even for 0 AP) since the wounded character cannot carry out actions. However, wounded characters can benefit from the use of objects which do not require AP (Fire Shield, Slyvan Shield, Torch to prevent freezing, etc...).
The wounded character can: drink out of a Fountain or Yout if he is on an adjacent square, be carried like an object, be healed by the Cleric or a Potion of Life, fight with a combat value of 0 if he is attacked.
A wounded character who carries an object always benefits from the effects of the object. Thus, a wounded character in armor always has a +1 combat bonus if he is attacked. On the other hand an unwounded character moving over a wounded character (friendly or enemy) can take the object at no cost.
A wounded character cannot take part in group combat, unless he is being directly attacked.
Caution: If a character carrying a wounded character is wounded or killed, then the wounded character he was carrying also dies.
Note: A wounded character can be charmed.

17 Juil 2009, 06:58
Prince d'Orl

Below are the next translations. I did not know that you could not jump from the starting line. Is this in the rule book?
:shock: I did not know either !!! It's a mistake, but I think the sentence is badly made. I'm not guilty, I'm note the author.

I ask two questions rules on the forum

"Dungeon Twister c'est comme les endives : plus t'en manges et plus t'apprécies" - Marco le 15/09/2008

17 Juil 2009, 09:27
Profil YIM Site Internet
Champion d'Allemagne

Lorsqu'un personnage saute, il peut atterrir sur une case vide, une case occupée par un objet ou un blessé ami (SAUF s'il se trouve sur sa réglette de départ et que le Saut est utilisé pour sortir). Il ne peut en aucun cas sauter et atterrir sur une case occupée par un personnage indemne, quelque soit sa couleur ou un personnage ennemi blessé.

When a character jumps, he can land on an empty floor square or a square containing an object or a friendly wounded character. (Except, he cannot use a jump to leave the starting line.)

Dear Geoff,

this text between the parentheses is quite nonsense. Three months ago I was stuck at the same point translating it into german, trying to maintain some sense to it when translated. Perhaps it is because as a translator you're reading word for word and when you're stuck with a passage, you'll think about the rules and you'll trying to explain the passage for yourself: What does the author will say to me? After done this you have two possible answers: First you could admit that you're not as good in french vocabulary as you've thought. Second you could admit that you're not as good in knowing the rules as you've thought.
Believe me, it's the third answer, that's the correct one... 8-)

The luminaries are still discussing... It's likewise the wall-walker's ability.

Anyway I think you've slightly misinterpreted the passage in question:
un blessé ami (SAUF s'il se trouve sur sa réglette de départ et que le Saut est utilisé pour sortir)
It's not the starting zone but the leaving zone, i.e. the starting zone of the opponent. "pour sortir" does mean "leaving the dungeon", not "leaving your starting zone". The passage will make sense if you substitute "un blessé ami" with "un blessé adversaire".

But don't rejoice to early. Now that the passage is comprehensible, that doesn't mean that it's also in term with the rules... It has to cleared if someone can jump onto a square occupied by an wounded opponent even if he's been teleported out of dungeon at the same time. Moving over this square is allowed, but jumping does imply that before jumping both squares (the one from which s.o. jumps and the one to s.o. jumps) are proofed to be valid.

Now drink 'til all the rooms will twist without using any rotation-gear. ;)
Mario

Dann verließen sie mich. - Then they have dungeoned me.

17 Juil 2009, 13:13
Champion d'Allemagne

I'm not guilty, I'm note the author.

But you're the president. :)
"With great power comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben

17 Juil 2009, 13:17

Phil Goude a écrit:
I'm not guilty, I'm note the author.

But you're the president. :)
"With great power comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben

:D

It seems from the thread that Phil linked to, that the Wall-Walker can pass through a wall with a rope and be over a trap. Please let me know if Chris or Sherinford can confirm this, and I will update the Wall-Walker paragraph again. :x

Until the jump rule is clarified, I think that the best translation of the glossary is this: When a character jumps, he can land on an empty floor square or a square containing an object or a friendly wounded character. (Except, he cannot use a jump to leave the dungeon if he will land on a wounded character in the opponent's starting line.) Under no circumstances can he jump and land on a square occupied by an unwounded character which is his color or a wounded enemy character.

Hopefully, you will both agree with this. Also let me know if this changes -- it is very difficult for me to read the forums in French... :cry:

Thanks again for all your help -- objects are next. BTW, the rooms are already spinning... :D

Geoff

17 Juil 2009, 14:53

When a character jumps, he can land on an empty floor square or a square containing an object or a friendly wounded character. Also, he cannot use a jump to leave the dungeon if he would land on a wounded character in the opponent's starting line. Under no circumstances can he jump and land on a square occupied by an unwounded character which is his color or a wounded enemy character.

It appears to me (if I understand correctly) that this is the answer from Chris that was posted in the rules forum. That would also seem to imply that the Wall-Walker cannot move through a wall onto a trap with the rope.

Geoff

17 Juil 2009, 21:29
Prince d'Orl

Can we change this a little bit?

When a character jumps, he can land on an empty floor square or a square containing an object or a friendly wounded character. Also, he cannot use a jump to leave the dungeon if he would land on a wounded character in the opponent's starting line. Under no circumstances can he jump and land on a square occupied by an unwounded character which is his color or a wounded enemy character.

It appears to me (if I understand correctly) that this is the answer from Chris that was posted in the rules forum. That would also seem to imply that the Wall-Walker cannot move through a wall onto a trap with the rope.

Geoff

Done ;)

I attempt the answers from Chris or Sherinford.

20 Juil 2009, 13:24
Profil YIM Site Internet
Prince d'Orl

that's the good sentence, but with one exception : the Ghoul :

gheintze a écrit:

When a character jumps, he can land on an empty floor square or a square containing an object or a friendly wounded character. Also, he cannot use a jump to leave the dungeon if he would land on a wounded character in the opponent's starting line (except with the ghoul). Under no circumstances can he jump and land on a square occupied by an unwounded character which is his color or a wounded enemy character.

Geoff

in French :
Un personnage ne peut pas utilisé le saut pour sortir par la règlette si la case est occupée par un personnage adverse blessé. (excepté la goule).

I uploaded these sentences.

22 Juil 2009, 08:31
Profil YIM Site Internet

That's fine with me. I'll get back to the objects soon...

Geoff

22 Juil 2009, 14:20

Message First group of objects
Here is the first group of translations for the objects. Please check over.

Thanks,
Geoff

Amulet of Elvish Vision (Creatures of the Forest) Uploaded
The character carrying the Amulet of Elvish Vision can move through the secret passages and see elves located in trees.

Armor (Base Game) Uploaded
A character carrying the armor has their combat value increased by 1 point for defense only. The Ghost, Specter, and the Bat cannot benefit from it.
A Paladin or Ice Witch carrying two Armors has a +2 bonus.
The Armor gives this bonus to wounded characters who are wearing it (except the Ghost, Specter, and Bat).

Ball and Chain (Forces of Darkness)
The Ball and Chain is a cursed object. If a character moves through the square (even flying above), he is required to take the item, even if it means he must drop the object he was carrying on the previous square he occupied.
The character is not able to drop the Ball and Chain; he must keep it.
A wounded character cannot keep the Ball and Chain if another character moves through his square -- this character is required to take it. If a character moves over a wounded character possessing the Ball and Chain, he is required to leave the object he is carrying on the previously occupied square (and not exchange it with the cursed object). If this is not possible (for example, a pit trap that already has a rope across), it is necessary to drop the object on the square previous to the pit trap.
A character who kills the character with the Ball and Chain in close combat, must take the cursed object at the end of the combat -- even if he needs to exchange the object he is carrying with the Ball and Chain.
The Ball and Chain is magical. The Magophage is insensitive to its effects. A character may drop a cursed object in the Anti-Magic room or on a square adjacent to a Magophage (even while moving past). The character immediately recovers his full abilities without waiting until the end of the action.
A character carrying the Ball and Chain cannot enter or be pushed back into a water square.
When revealing a room, the player of the same color as the Ball and Chain places the cursed object on an empty floor square, a rotation gear, or a darkness square.
The character carrying the Ball and Chain loses 1 point of movement immediately (even during the action in which the Ball and Chain is obtained). He recovers this movement point at the moment when the Ball and Chain are dropped (in the Anti-Magic room or in a square under the influence of the Magophage), even if it would be the last movement point due to the effects of the Ball and Chain.

Charm Scroll (Paladins and Dragons, Fire and Water)
The Charm Scroll follows the rules for scrolls.
The user can charm an enemy character who is in the same room (no need for line of sight). However, the victim must be able to be seen. A character who is in mist or darkness cannot be targeted, and only an elf or the carrier of the Amulet of Elvish Vision can charm an elf in a tree.
The user of the Charm Scroll can have the charmed character perform up to 3 valid actions (3 AP) before the end of the turn.
If you play with a timer, the player who used the Charm Scroll gains 1 additional minute for their turn.
Charming a wounded character is allowed.
The valid actions are to: move, use an object, move through squares occupied by characters of the same color and to take objects or wounded characters from them, attack a character of the opposing team (in this case, the player who usually controls the charmed character chooses the combat card), use the Fireball Wand or the breath of the Red Dragon to kill a character of the same color, use a Speed Potion to give the charmed character four addition actions, to jump (in which case the player who charmed the character uses one of his jump cards), move a wounded character of the same color, commit suicide under falling rocks, move into a water square (even if the charmed character is the Fire Elemental or Lightning Elemental), take down objects off walls or other terrain (torches for the Shadow, for example), move a non-flying undead character into a square with the Holy Cross.
It should be noted that if a charmed Golem breaks a wall, the token comes from the reserves of the Golem's owner. It is the same for the webs of Araknis, vines of the Druid, Zombies of the Necromancer, Spawnlings of the Breeder, etc...
In addition, if a player charms an opposing character, and he reveals a room with this character, the active playder places all the pawns except the objects of his own color.
These actions are not allowed: to attack a character of the same color, to move through an opposing character, to commit suicide in a pit trap, rift, lava, etc..., to take a rope when a character of the same color is standing on an obstacle as he moves through, to move into a square containing a torch with the Shadow.

Crossbow (Creatures of the Forest)
A character carrying the Crossbow can initiate ranged combat once a turn for 1 AP. He must have line of sight to his target and cannot be adjacent to the target or another enemy character. The combat value of this attack is 2 and cannot be modified. (The combat value of the carrier is not used.)
Ranged combat with the Crossbow follows the same rules as those of the Archer Elf or the Crossbowman.
The Ghost, Specter and the Bat cannot use the Crossbow.

Dragon Slayer (Paladins and Dragons)
The Dragon Slayer gives a +4 combat bonus to the character wielding it when in combat against and adjacent to a dragon.
If a dragon is defeated in combat with a Dragon Slayer, it is immediately killed (bypassing the wounded state).
Even though the Dragon Slayer is a sward, no bonus is received when a character fights a character other than a dragon -- unless it is forged in a Brazier, in which case it gives a +1 bonus against all characters and +5 against dragons.
The sword gives only one combat bonus, regardless of the number of adjacent dragons. If the combat is won, all the adjacent dragons are killed immediately.
Two Dragon Slayers (not forged) give a total combat bonus of +8 if used against at least one dragon.
The Ghost, Specter, and the Bat cannot use the Dragon Slayer.

Elemental Scroll (With Fire and Blood)
The Elemental Scroll follows the rules for the other scrolls.
This scroll is a neutral scroll, used in friendly games or scenarios.
When a character searches a library from the Fire and Water expansion (room 16), it is possible to add this scroll to the other 4 neural scrolls used.
A magic user can use the Elemental Scroll for 1 AP during his turn. He can then create a Water Elemental on any water square in his line of sight or a Fire Elemental on any lava square in his line of sight. It is impossible to create an elemental, if the player already has that elemental on his team. A player cannot control two Water Elementals or Fire Elementals.
By extension, one can consider the following semi-offical rule (by choice of the two players). This parchment may be used to create an Ice Elemental on an ice square (or bridge of ice) or a Stone Elemental on a square of falling rocks.

Fire Shield (Paladins and Dragons)
A character (even if wounded) who carries a Fire Shield is not affects by fireballs from the Red Dragon or the Fireball Wand. The Ghost, Specter, and Bat cannot benefit from the Fire Shield.
Also, the Fire Shield allows the carrier to pass underneath falling rocks, but cannot stop there. (If he does stop there, he suffers the effects.) He can drop the Fire Shield on the falling rocks square, which will allow other characters to move through the square and be able to take items from the square.
The Fire Shield does not provide a combat bonus.
Wounded characters are protected by the Fire Shield (except the Ghost, Specter, and Bat).

Fireball Wand (Base Game)
The Fireball Wand can only be used by the Wizard. Other characters may still carry it.
The Fireball Wand enables the Wizard to throw a fireball towards a square in his line of sight. The first character (friend or enemy, wounded or unwounded) who is hit by the Fireball dies immediately and the opposing player gains 1 VP. If this character was carrying a wounded character, both characters are eliminated and 2 VP are gained. If the character was carrying an object, the object remains on the square unless it is on an obstacle (except for the rope).
A character who is wounded may be killed by the Fireball Wand in the same turn.
The Water Elemental (even if wounded), the Fire Elemental (even if wounded), and the Magophage (unless wounded) cannot be killed with the Fireball Wand (object and AP are still spent).
A character in water is protected from the effects of the Fireball Wand. However, a character on a rope over a water square is not protected.
It is forbidden to target the Courtesan.
It is possible to use the Fireball Wand on a Living Tree, in which case, it returns to its owners hand. If one or move characters are in the tree, they are killed, even if it is an elf or Courtesan.
It is possible to fire on the Druid's brambles.
The Fireball Wand is a magical object and cannot be used towards or through an anti-magic square or a square under the influence of the Magophage (object and AP spent).
A character carrying a Fire Shield is protected from a fireball (object and AP spent).
A fireball can be used to burn a web.

29 Juil 2009, 06:48

Message More objects...
The title says it all... Hopefully, there are no mistakes...

Thanks,

Geoff

Flying Carpet (Lands of Ice)
The Flying Carpet is a cursed object. If a character moves through the square (even flying above), he is required to take the item, even if it means he must drop the object he was carrying on the previous square he occupied.
A character is not able to drop the Flying Carpet; he must keep it.
A wounded character cannot keep the Flying Carpet if another character moves through his square -- this character is required to take it. If a character moves over a wounded character possessing the Flying Carpet, he is required to leave the object he is carrying on the previously occupied square (and not exchange it with the cursed object). If this is not possible (for example, a pit trap that already has a rope across), it is necessary to drop the object on the square previous to the pit trap.
A character who kills the character with the Flying Carpet in close combat, must take the cursed object at the end of the combat -- even if he needs to exchange the object he is carrying with the Flying Carpet.
The Flying Carpet is magical. The Magophage is insensitive to its effects. A character may drop a cursed object in the Anti-Magic room or on a square adjacent to a Magophage (even while moving past). The character immediately recovers his full abilities without waiting until the end of the action.
A character carrying the Flying Carpet cannot enter or be pushed back into a water square.
When revealing a room, the player of the same color as the Flying Carpet places the cursed object on an empty floor square, a rotation gear, or a darkness square.
The character carrying the Flying Carpet can use it to fly during his movement action. The character's movement points remains the same (a Red Dragon cannot move even with a Flying Carpet).
For each movement action using the Flying Carpet, the controlling player must discard a combat card of his choice (except the +0) and show it to the opposing player.
The flight is valid for only that movement action and costs a combat card for each use.
The character begins flying at the beginning of the movement. It is not possible to initiate flight in the Magophage's influence zone and thus the character cannot fly at all during this movement action. It is impossible to pick up the Flying Carpet during movement and then use it before that movement action is over.
Since the Flying Carpet is magical, it is not possible to fly in the Anti-Magic room. In an ultra-gravity room or on a square adjacent to the Magophage, the flight will stop immediately and the character will suffer the effects of the square. The character can then continue his movement on foot.
Under the influence of a Charm Scroll, it is the player who takes control of the charmed character who discards combat cards if he decides to use the Flying Carpet.

Holy Cross (Forces of Darkness)
If a non-flying undead character enters a square with the Holy Cross, he dies immediately and the opposing player gains a VP.
If for any reason, an undead character finds itself on a Holy Cross at the end of an action, it dies immediately and the opposing player gains a VP.
If the Necromancer manages to turn a wounded character into a Zombie on a Holy Cross, the wounded character is eliminated and the active player receives a VP (or the opposing players gain a VP if the wounded character belonged to the active player).
A living character can move through the square of undead teammates while carrying the Holy Cross without killing them. On the other hand, if it is the undead character that moves, it cannot move through the square of the Holy Cross (even if it is carried by a teammate) -- it would die immediately.

Katana (Mercenaries)
A character who carries a Katana can initiate an attack for 1 AP less once per turn. For example, 0 AP for a traditional attack, 1 AP if he uses a Two Handed Sword, 2 AP if he is using 2 Two Handed Swords, etc...). The Ghost, Specter, and Bat cannot benefit from the use of the Katana.
This ability also functions in group combat, but no one can participate in the group combat using a ranged weapon or ability.
If the Katana is forged at a Brazier, it give a +1 combat bonus when attacking.
Only one Katana can be used per combat. Several Katanas can be used during a turn, but only one use during each combat.
A Samurai with a Katana, or a Paladin or Ice Witch with 2 Katanas can attack 2 twice per turn for one less AP (for example, two attacks for 0 AP). The cost of combat can never be lower than 0 AP (particularly if the above rules are respected).

Key (Paladins and Dragons, Fire and Water, Forces of Darkness, Mercenaries)
The Key is a common object.
A character who has a Key can, for 1 AP, open or close an adjacent portcullis, just like the Thief.

Orb of Peace (Creatures of the Forest)
A character carrying the Orb of Peace can use it for 0 AP during his adversary's turn and prohibit any close combat on the board until the end of the current turn.
This announcement must be made when the opposing player plays his action card or at the end of any action.
The Orb of Peace is discarded after use.
The Orb of Peace is not magical.
Ranged combat and the use of Fireball Wands are still allowed.

Potion of Life (Lands of Ice)
The Potion of Life is magical.
The Potion of Life can only be used once. It is discarded after use.
A wounded character can drink a Potion of Life for 0 AP, but only during his turn.
The wounded character is healed and returns to the unwounded state.
The recently healed character can take actions during the remainder of the turn.
An unwounded character cannot drink the Potion of Life in order to prevent the opposing player from taking it.

Potion of Strength (Mercenaries)
The Potion of Strength is magical.
A Potion of Strength can be used for 0 AP. The character who drinks the Potion of Strength gains a +3 combat bonus until the end of the turn (even after being wounded during the turn).
The Potion of Strength can also be used during the opposing player's at the end of an action or after combat has been declared).
A character who drinks the Potion of Strength and moves through an Anti-Magic square or a square under the influence of the Magophage loses his combat bonus immediately and for the rest of the turn.
The combat bonus is not considered if the character is crossing the pipes, small bridges, trees or for carrying the Steam Saw.
A character under the influence of the Potion of Strength cannot use the bonus if all of his combat opponents are located in a Anti-Magic square or a square under the influence of the Magophage. On the other hand, the effects of the potion are strong enough, that the bonus can be used if one of the characters is not on an Anti-Magic square.
A character drinking two Potions of Strength in the same turn has a +6 combat bonus in close combat, which is cumulative with his weapons.

Ring of Chaos (Lands of Ice)
The Ring of Chaos is a magical object.
A character located on a rotation gear can use the Ring of Chaos for 1 AP. The Ring of Chaos is discarded after use; it can only be used once.
A character using the Ring of Chaos changes the reference of the rotation gear by placing one of the rotation gear markers (T1, T2, or T3) on his location. He then chooses another rotation gear anywhere on the board, and places the paired marker (T1, T2, or T3) on that rotation gear. The initial rotation direction of the gears is not taken into account. After using the Ring of Chaos, certain rooms may not be paired any longer. It is possible to target the rotation gears of matching rooms, which simply reverses their direction of rotation.
The new rotation gears (T1, T2, or T3) are magical. Therefore, it is impossible to target the rotation gear in the Anti-Magic Room or a rotation gear which is adjacent to or located uncer a Magaphage. A rotation gear resulting from a Ring of Chaos (T1, T2, or T3) is removed if the Magophage ends his movement on the rotation gear or an adjacent square.

Ring of Light (Forces of Darkness)
The Ring of Light is a magical object.
The Ring of Light is discarded after use; it can only be used once.
A character adjacent to a darkness square can use the Ring of Light for 0 AP. He can then place up to 5 corridor tiles on adjacent darkness squares. He chooses the size of the tile (1,2, or 3 squares) he wishes to draw and places it. Then he chooses the second tile of the corridor and places it as well. He continues in this manner until up to five tiles have been drawn and placed.
The Ring of Light cannot be used in the Anti-Magic room or in the zone of influence of the Magophage (AP and the object are used). Also, it is impossible to light a square of darkness which is adjacent to a Magophage.
Placement of the tiles must follow these rules:
All the tiles must be completely placed on darkness squares only.
The first tile must be adjacent to the character using the ring.
Subsequent tiles must be placed so that they are either adjacent to the user of the ring or adjacent to one of the tiles already placed.
The tile cannot be placed so that it covers two different rooms. But some of the tiles can be in one room and some in another. In this case, darkness squares of two rooms must be adjacent.

Ring of Paralysis (Creatures of the Forest)
The character carrying the Ring of Paralysis can, curing an opponent's turn, magically paralyze an enemy character who moves into his line of sight. The paralyzed character can not perform any actions until the end of the turn.
Paralyzing an enemy character does not cost any AP, but the player must discard a combat card of his choice (other than the +0).
The Ring of Paralysis cannot be used more than once per turn.
The paralyzed character suffers the effects of the square upon which he stopped.
The Ring of Paralysis may only be used if the affected character will not be in violation of the Golden Rules at the end of the action. For example, it is impossible to paralyze a character carrying on object on a square containing another object or character.
The Ring of Paralysis is a magical object, so it is impossible to paralyze on or through a square that is in the Anti-Magic Room or under the influence of the Magophage. The combat card is still spent, but the Ring has no effect.
If the Ice Elemental enters a water square with mist, the fog disappears at the moment when the Ice Elemental enters the square and he is able to be targeted. An enemy carrying a Ring of Paralysis can use it is this case.

Ring of Repulsion (Fire and Water)
The Ring of Repulsion is a magical object.
It cannot be used more than once per turn (even on different characters). Use of the Ring of Repulsion costs 1 AP.
The Ring of Repulsion makes it possible to push a character backwards (friend or enemy, wounded or unwounded) who is on an adjacent square to the user. Repulsion is done in a straight line directly away from the ring user. If he is carrying an object, the repelled character keeps it.
A character pushed back onto a pit trap, rift, falling rocks, or lava square dies immediately. If he is carrying an object (even cursed) or a wounded character, it stays in the square where it was before being repelled.
A character pushed back towards a water square leaves the object in the square where it was, but if he is carrying a wounded character, he keeps it. If the object is cursed, the character cannot be pushed back into the water, because he cannot be relieved of his cursed object.
A character cannot be pushed back into a wall, portcullis, rubble, a 3D obstacle, or a tree.
A character cannot be pushed towards another character if it violates the stacking rules. Therefore, it is possible: to push a ghoul onto a wounded character, to push a wounded character towards a character of the same color or towards an opposing ghoul. It should be noted that in this case, it is perfectly legal to attach the living character and to kill the wounded character even if he was wounded on the same turn (he is not being attacked directly).
A character can be pushed onto a small bridge and suffer the effects of being there.
The ring user can push a character onto an object, which is then picked up.
A character who is carrying an object (or a Paladin or Ice Witch with 2 objects) cannot be pushed onto a square with another object, since it would violate the 2nd Golden Rule.
It should be noted that: A character can be pushed back onto a starting line or pushed sideways on the starting line. If a Fire Elemental is pushed into lava, he does not die. A Thief pushed onto a pit trap does not die.
It is possible to push a Ghoul onto an opposing wounded character (as far as he is not carrying an object). On the other hand, it is not possible to push a Specter onto an opposing wounded character, as the Specter cannot use his reincarnation ability at the end of the movement action.
A character pushed back onto an obstacle that has a rope over it survives. A character carrying a rope who is pushed onto an obstacle can use the rope to survive if there are 2 points of attachment around the obstacle. In the case of a double obstacle, the character dies, and the rope remains in the first square of the obstacle.
It is impossible to push a character who is in an anti-magic square and also to push a character into an anti-magic square. It is impossible to push a character who is adjacent to a Magophage, as the ring will have no effect. The Ring of Repulsion will not work while adjacent to a Magophage (the AP is used, however). However, it is possible to push a character towards a square under the influence of the Magophage.
One cannot push a character who is adjacent to the carrier of the Ring of Repulsion if they are separated by an ice slope (the slope breaks adjacency). On the other hand, it is possible to push the character over the ice slope, if the direction of the ice slope allows it.

Ring of Weakness (Forces of Darkness)
The Ring of Weakness is a cursed object. If a character moves through the square it occupies (even if he flies above it), he is required to take it, even if he has to drop the object he is carrying on the previous square. The character is not able to drop it; he must keep it. A wounded character cannot keep the Ring of Weakness if another character moves through his square (the moving character is required to take it). Also, if a character moves over a wounded character with the Ring of Weakness, he must leave any object he is carrying on the previous square (and not in the place of the cursed object). If this is not possible (for example, if the wounded character is on a pit trap with a rope), it is necessary to leave the object on the square previous to that one.
A character who kills the character holding the Ring of Weakness in close combat must take the Ring of Weakness at the end of the combat, even if he must exchange it with the object he is carrying.
A cursed object is magic, and does not work when under the influence of the Magophage (or if the Magophage is carrying it). A character with a cursed object who is on a square of the Anti-Magic Room or on a square adjacent to a Magophage, may drop the object, even during movement. He recovers his full capabilities immediately without awaiting the end of the action.
A character carrying a cursed object may not be pushed into a water square.
When a room is revealed, the player of the same color as the cursed object places it on a normal floor square, a rotation gear, or a darkness square.
The character bearing the Ring of Weakness suffers a -1 penalty to his combat value, in both attack and defense. The combat value of a character cannot drop below 0.
The Ghost, Specter, and the Bat are not affected by the Ring of Weakness because they cannot use objects (and their combat value is already 0).
A Paladin or Ice Witch with two Rings of Weakness suffers a -2 penalty in combat.

30 Juil 2009, 05:55

Message Objects, part 3
More object translations.

Enjoy!

Geoff

Rope (Base Game, Paladins and Dragons, Fire and Water, Mercenaries, Lands of Ice)
A rope is a common object.
A character carrying a rope can move over an obstacle except for the falling rocks (pit trap, rift, water square, lava square, etc...). He can even stop there.
A character with a combat value higher than 3 can use the rope to help cross or stop on a small bridge. A character with a combat value higher than 2 can use the rope to help cros or stop on pipes.
A rope can only be placed on an obstacle if it has 2 points of attachment. That means that 2 of the 4 adjacent squares (not separated by a wall or portcullis) to the obstacle (where the rope is to be placed need to be: squares of the exit or starting line, a pit if the Thief of the same team is on it, rotation gears, empty floor squares, misty floor squares, falling rock squares, pentacle squares, staircases, small bridges (even for characters with a combat value of 4 or greater), ice bridges, ice or ice markers from the Ice Scroll, ice slopes (in the direction of descent), obstacle squares (pit trap, rift, water, lava, ultra-gravity wells, waterfalls) which have a rope or vine from the Druid.
On the other hand, the following may not be used as points of attachment: obstacle squares (pit trap, rift, water, lava, ultra-gravity wells, waterfalls), walls, closed portcullises, fountains, rubble from the Illusionist, libraries, Anti-Magic artifact, the sacred tomb, the statue, armories, arrow holes, secret passages, webs, brambles from the Druid, ice slopes (in the direction of the ascent).
If a character who is stopped on a rift, pit trap, lava square, etc... loses the rope in any way, it suffers the effects of the obstacle.
If a character is stopped on an obstacle with a rope, characters of the same color may cross it while benefiting from the effect of the rope.
If you wish to cross 2 successive squares of pit traps (or other obstacles), you can use the rope to cross the first pit trap and use a jump to go over the second (the whole action requires 2 AP). You may not pick up the rope from the first pit trap (see double pit).

Runic War-Hammer (Mercenaries)
The Runic War-Hammer is a magical object.
A character carrying the Runic War-Hammer gains a +1 combat bonus when attacking (+2 if it is forged).
A dwarf who carries the Runic War-Hammer gains a +2 combat bonus when attacking (+3 if it is forged).
Since the Runic War-Hammer is a magical weapon, it is useless if used while standing on an anti-magic square, or against a character on an anti-magic square (either in the Anti-Magic room or under the influence of the Magophage). The Barbarian cannot use the Runic War-Hammer.

Scroll of Confusion (Fire and Water)
The Scroll of Confusion follows the rules for scrolls.
A Magic-User can use the Scroll of Confusion for 0 AP, during his turn or the opponent's turn.
The Magic-User can use it during any combat in which a character of the same color or the Magic-User himself is engaged and one of the participants in the combat (friend, enemy or himself) is in the same room AND at least one opposing character is in his line of sight (even if he's not in the same room). If the targeted character is on an Anti-magic square under the influence of the Magophage or is a Magophage, the scroll has no effect (object and AP are spent nonetheless).
When the Scroll of Confusion is used, the victim will have to play a combat card randomly (drawn randomly from his deck of combat cards by his opponent).
The following enemy characters are not able to be targeted: characters in mist, characters in darkness, elven characters in trees (except by other elves).
In group combat, it is enough to be able to target just one of the enemy characters.

Scroll of Flight (Creatures of the Forest)
A Magic-User carrying the Scroll of Flight can for 1 AP levitate himself or a character in his line of sight.
The levitation is effective until the end of the turn.
Levitation is magical.
The Scroll of Flight is discarded after use.

Scroll of Ice (Lands of Ice)
The Scroll of Ice follows the rules for scrolls.
A Magic-User can use the Scroll of Ice for 1 AP during his turn.
The Scroll of Ice can be used in one of two ways:
1. It can freeze a characters in the Magic-Users line of sight like the Ice Dragon and places a frozen marker on the character. A frozen character is subject to the following rules:
A frozen character cannot carry out any actions (jump, movement, abilities, attacks, etc...).
He suffers a -1 to his combat value (which cannot go below 0 at any time).
He can defend himself and can participate in group combat in defense (by the choice of the defending player).
Allies can move through a frozen character (as with a non-frozen character).
It is possible to take or give an object to a frozen character.
A frozen character (wounded or unwounded) cannot be transported by another character.
A frozen character is thawed at the end of any action, if he has a torch. He can then act normally immediately.
It is impossible to freeze a character carrying a torch, the Fire Elemental, or the Ice Elemental (the action is valid but there is no effect).
A frozen character keeps the object he is carrying. It is not possible for an enemy character to take objects from him, and he keeps cursed objects as if he were not frozen (if he is not wounded).
2. The Magic-User can place up to 8 ice markers.
The first marker must be adjacent to the Magic-User. The following tiles must be adjacent to the Magic-User or to another ice marker that was just placed.
It is only possible to place ice markers on normal floor squares, water squares, or rifts. Ice markers cannot be placed on trees, rotation gears, bridges, lava, pit traps, etc...).
Ice markers are considered snowy ground.
An ice marker can be melted for 0 AP by any character with a torch or by the Fire Elemental (with or without a torch), if he is on an adjacent square (remove the ice marker).
If a Fire Elemental (wounded or unwounded) is on an ice marker at the end of an action, the latter melts automatically -- with fatal consequences to the Fire Elemental if it becomes a water square.
The following characters cannot be targeted: characters in mist, characters in darkness, elven characters in trees (except by other elves).
Even though the Scroll of Ice is magical, the ice markers and frozen markers are not.

Scroll of Inversion (Fire and Water, Forces of Darkness)
The Scroll of Inversion follows the rules for scrolls.
When a Magic-User uses the Scroll of Inversion, he can switch the room he is standing in with an adjacent room. Rooms can be switched horizontally and vertically, but never diagonally.
All tokens and markers remain in the room they were in, and in their actual positions.
The Anti-Magic room cannot be switched after it is revealed (scroll and AP are spent nonetheless).
Unrevealed rooms can be switched with that of the Magic-User.
A room containing the Magophage can be switched (unless the Magic-User is in a square adjacent to the Magophage).

Scroll of Reconstruction (Fire and Water)
The Scroll of Reconstruction follows the rules for scrolls.
The character who uses the Scroll of Reconstruction can recover a discarded object.
A discarded object can be: an object which can only be used once which has already been used during the game, an object which was destroyed, an object which was carried out of the dungeon by a character (except the Treasure).
A discarded object is not: an object which was not used in this game (for example, if no player chose the Fireball Wand at the beginning of the game, it is impossible to reconstruct it), an object which has not yet been revealed, a Treasure which has left the dungeon with an escaping character.

7 League Boots (Fire and Water)
The 7 League Boots are magical objects and can be used only once.
A character who uses the 7 League Boots can move up to 10 squares while levitating for 1 AP.
The 7 League Boots are used at the time the player announces the action, so the character can pick up another object during the movement.
If at any time during his movement the character passes through a square adjacent to the Magophage, he falls on the square. If he falls into a pit trap, rift, or lava square, he dies immediately. If he falls into water and is carrying an object, it is removed from the game. (The Fire Elemental does not die if he falls into lava, but will die if he falls into water.)
A character flying under the effects of the 7 League Boots cannot enter the Anti-Magic Room.
A character in flight must stop on the first square when entering a room with an Ultra-Gravity well and suffer the effects.
If at the time flight is interrupted the stacking rules are not followed, the action is forbidden and the character does not enter the square in question.

31 Juil 2009, 05:53

Message The last of the objects
Here they are... Onto the terrain section now.

Geoff

Speed Potion (Base Game)
It costs 1 AP to drink a Speed Potion.
The character who drinks the Speed Potion received 4 additional actions. Only the character who drank the potion can use these 4 actions.
The Speed Potion is discarded immediately after drinking and before taking the 4 additional actions.
A character who drinks the Speed Potion can use the 4 additional actions to initiate group combat.
A charmed character who drinks the Speed Potion also gains 4 additional actions.
The player can alternate normal actions (with the other characters) between the actions gained from the Speed Potion.
The effect of the potion ends if the character passes through a square adjacent to a Magophage. The character must then stop and suffer the effects of the box on which he stops. If the stacking rules are not respected by this action, the action is prohibited and the character must choose another route (the effects of the potion are not cancelled in this case). The same thing occurs if a character who has drunk the Speed Potion attacks a character on a square adjacent to a Magophage -- the effect of the potion is cancelled. In the case of group combat, if the attacker who drank the Speed Potion and the character being attacked are not adjacent to the Magophage, group combat is possible even if one of the other characters is adjacent to the Magophage.
A character cannot use the actions from a Speed Potion to enter the Anti-Magic Room. Even if he uses a normal action to do it, the effect of the potion is cancelled and the remaining actions from the potion are lost. The same thing happen if the character who drank the Speed potion attacks a person located on an Anti-Magic square -- the effect of the potion is cancelled. In the case of group combat, if the attacker who drank the Speed Potion and the character being attacked are not in the Anti-Magic room, group combat is possible even if one of the other characters is on an Anti-Magic square.
If the potion is drunk in an Anti-Magic square or a square under the influence of the Magophage, there is no effect (object and action are still spent).
If you play with a timer, the player who uses the Speed Potion gains one minute of play.

Steam Saw (Creatures of the Forest)
A character carrying the Steam Saw can cut an adjacent tree for 1 AP.
The character carrying the Steam Saw gains a +1 bonus in combat when attacking.
The Steam Saw cannot be forged at a Brazier.
To be able to carry or use the Steam Saw, the character must have a combat value of 3 or more.
The Telekineticist can move the Steam Saw with her ability.
The Logger carrying a Steam Saw can cut adjacent trees for 0 AP.

Sword (Base Game)
A character carrying the Sword receives a +1 combat bonus only when attacking. The Ghost, Specter, and Bat cannot benefit from it.
A Paladin or Ice Witch carrying two swords receives a +2 combat bonus when attacking.
Each Sword forged in a Brazier gives a +2 combat bonus when attacking.

Sylvan Shield (Mercenaries)
The Sylvan Shield gives a +1 combat bonus when defending. This bonus is magic. The Ghost, Specter, and Bat cannot benefit from it.
The Sylvan Shield also protects wounded characters (except the Ghost, Specter, and Bat).
The Sylvan Shield allows the character carrying it to move through squares of falling rocks but not to stop there (if the character stops, he suffers the effects). It can be left on a square of falling rocks in order to allow other characters to move through or to take objects located on that square.

Teleportation Ring (Paladins and Dragons)
The player who uses the Ring of Teleportation can, for 1 AP, magically teleport to any empty floor square in an adjacent room.
The rotation gears or mist are not empty floor squares.
The Teleportation Ring does not allow a character to teleport onto a starting line.
The Teleportation Ring is a magical object, so it cannot be used on or to move into an anti-magic square or a square under the influence of the Magophage (object and AP are spent anyway).
The Teleportaion Ring can only be used once. Discard after use.

Torch (Forces of Darkness)
The Torch is a common object.
When a room is revealed, the Torch is always placed by the player who reveals it, regardless of color. It cannot be placed on a darkness square.
The character carrying the Torch can, for 1 AP, burn an adjacent web or melt an ice bridge on an adjacent square.
The character carrying the Torch can, for 0 AP, melt a square of adjacent ice.
The character carrying the Torch can, for 0 AP, reveal adjacent darkness squares. He chooses the size of the corridor tile (1, 2, or 3 squares) and places it. The placement of the corridor tiles must comply with the following rules: The tile must be placed entirely on darkness squares. The tile must be placed adjacent to the character using the Torch. The Tile cannot be placed covering two rooms, but can be placed entirely on a room adjacent to the Torch bearer.
The Shadow cannot enter a square containing a Torch. In the same manner, it cannot attack a character carrying a Torch nor take part in group combat if all of its opponents are carrying a Torch (unless it is attacked directly).
It is possible to thaw a frozen character by giving him a Torch. This character is automatically thawed out at the end of the action in progress. In addition, it is impossible to freeze a character (even wounded) who is carrying a Torch.

Treasure (Base Game, Mercenaries)
A character who exits the dungeon with the Treasure earns an additional VP for his team.
The Treasure can be any color.
Once a Treasure has been carried out of the dungeon, it is placed beside the player to mark the VP earned. It is not discarded and cannot be reconstructed with the Scroll of Reconstruction.

Two-Handed Axe (Lands of Ice)
A character carrying the Two-Handed Axe can cut down an adjacent tree for 1 AP.
In order to attack with the Two-Handed Axe, it is necessary to spend 1 additional AP. The combat does not need to be initiated by the character using the Two-Handed Axe.
The Two-Handed Axe gives a +1 combat bonus when attacking to the character who is carrying it.
A combat in which several Two-Handed Axes are being used will cost 1 AP for each additional Two-Handed Axe.
A Samurai using a Two-Handed Axe or initiating a combat utilizing at least one Two-Handed Axe for the attack will reduce the total cost of the combat by 1 AP due to his ability (either 1 AP for one Two-Handed Axe, 2 AP for two Two-Handed Axes, etc...)
A Two-Handed Axe forged in a Brazier gives a combat bonus of +2 when attacking if one uses 2 AP. There is no combat bonus if the additional AP is not spent.
A Logger carrying the Two-Handed Axe can cut adjacent trees for 0 AP.

Two Handed Sword (Forces of Darkness, Mercenaries)
To attack with a Two Handed Sword, one additional AP must be spent. The combat does not need to be initiated by the character using the Two Handed Sword.
The Two Handed Sword gives a combat bonus of +2 when attacking.
In a combat which utilizes several Two Handed Swords in attack will cost 1 additional AP for each Two Handed Sword being used.
A Samurai using a Two Handed Sword or starting a combat using at least one Two Handed Sword will reduce the total cost of combat by 1 AP due to his ability (1 AP for a Two Handed Sword, 2 AP for 2 Two Handed Swords, etc..).
A Two Handed Sword forged in a Brazier gives a combat bonus of ¬ +3 when attacking. No combat bonus is given if additional AP are not used.

01 Aoû 2009, 03:34

Message Terrain, part 1
Here is the first of the Terrain translations.

Geoff

Terrain
Anti-Magic Room
The Ant-Magic Room contains an ant-magic artifact. No magic can be effective in this room or reach the room (if it is tried, the object and AP are spent nonetheless).
No character can enter this room using magical means. Teleportation, repulsion, speed potion or levitation are all ineffective. These actions are completely prohibited.
A character entering the room while under the influence of a Potion of Strength immediately loses all its benefits.
The anti-magic artifact which is in the center of the room includes two squares and is a 3D obstacle.

Armory
An Armory is a 3D obstacle.
A character who is not carrying an object (or a Paladin with only one object) and is adjacent to an Armory can search it for 1 AP. He randomly draws a neutral weapon from the following: Two Handed Sword, Sword, Sylvan Shield, Runic War-Hammer, Dragon Slayer, Katana, Armor and Ball and Chain. Place a broken marker to indicate that the Armory has already been searched.
The Ghost, Specter, and Bat cannot search the Armory.

Arrow Slit
A character adjacent to an Arrow Slit does not have his line of sight blocked by the wall. He can target an enemy character (even if the enemy is not adjacent to the Arrow Slit).
If the character is not adjacent to the Arrow Slit, it is considered to be a normal wall and cannot be used to target an enemy character.
An Arrow Slit can be broken by a golem like a normal wall.
An Arrow Slit can be passed through by the Wall Walker.
A character cannot reveal an adjacent room through an Arrow Slit.
Two characters on either side of the same Arrow Slit are not considered adjacent with each other in most cases (ranged combat, close combat, etc...).

Brambles
For 1 AP, the Druid can place a Brambles marked on any normal floor square located in the same room.
Only incorporeal characters (Ghost, Specter...) can move through Brambles, but they cannot stop there. All the other characters cannot move into Brambles.
The Brambles block line of sight.
Brambles cannot take actions, and therefore cannot attack.
However, Brambles can be attacked. They defend as for normal combat (combat value 4). If the Brambles lose, the marker is returned to his owner who can reuse it at another time.
If the Brambles lose, they do not give a VP.
If the Brambles win, the character initiating the combat becomes wounded.
Brambles can never take part in group combat, whether it is attacking or defending.
For 1 AP, the Druid can remove or move the Bramble marker.
The Brambles disappear if the Druid dies or the Magophage finishes his movement on a square adjacent to the Brambles.
The Brambles can be destroyed with a Fireball Wand or the breath of the Red Dragon.

Brazier
Braziers are treated as lava squares. The Fire Elemental thus benefits from a +1 combat bonus.
A character who is carrying a close combat weapon and is adjacent to a Brazier can forge the weapon for 1 AP. Replace the weapon token with its forged equivalent.
Forged arms gain a +1 combat bonus when attacking for the rest of the game.
A forged weapon cannot be forged a second time.
The combat bonus of the Two Handed Sword is usable only if the additional AP is spent (+3 combat bonus for 2 AP).
A forged Dragon Slayer gives a bonus of +5 against dragons and a +1 bonus against any other opponent.
The Brazier cannot be used if it is occupied (vine, Fire Elemental, character on a rope, etc...).

Column
No character or object can pass through a Column square, except the incorporeal characters (Ghost and Specter).
Columns block line of sight.

Corridor Tile
These tiles are provided with the Forces of Darkness expansion.
They come in three sizes: 1x1 square, 1x2 squares, and 1x3 squares.
The Corridor Tiles are placed on boxes of darkness lit by a torch, a Ring of Light, or the Angel of Light.
If a darkness square is discovered through a broken wall and it contains a wall which is superimposed on the broken wall, then this wall (on the corridor tile) is considered to have been already broken, as long as the corridor tile and the broken marker are in the same room. It is the same for open and broken portcullises.

Darkness
Darkness squares are not normal floor squares and they block line of sight.
When a room is revealed containing darkness squares, it is possible to place objects in darkness, but not characters.
It is impossible for any character to move into a darkness square (except for the Shadow, Ghost, and Specter).
A character on a darkness square (other than the Shadow, Ghost, or Specter) in unable to perform any actions other than to leave the darkness or reveal an adjacent room. Moving out of the darkness is only possible with a movement action (not jump, the use of an object, or any other means) and only if the character is adjacent to a valid square.
A character or object in darkness cannot be targeted in any way.
A character in darkness cannot be attacked in close combat (except for the special rule of the Shadow).
Darkness squares can be illuminated by the Angel of Light or by any character carrying a torch.
Illumination of the darkness squares is carried out through the use of the corridor tiles.

Double Pit Trap
Sometimes when rooms are rotated, it happens that 2 pit traps become adjacent to one another.
Characters who usually pass over the pit traps can pass without problem (Thief, Elf Scout).
Flying characters (like the Wizard, Ghost, and Specter) travel above the pit traps and can also cross the obstacle (without stopping there).
A Paladin carrying two ropes can go on the first pit trap, leave the first rope, and cross the second pit trap while taking the rope with him. (If he could go back to recover the first rope, he will have dropped the second.)
Other characters, since a rope must go on the first pit trap, can drop a rope there and then use a jump to go over the second pit trap or can seek another rope. They cannot in any way jump over the two pit traps in a straight line or cross using a single rope.
For a rope to be dropped on a pit trap, it must have two attachment points (floor squares, rotation gears, trees, pipes for a character with a combat value of 2 or less, small bridge for a character with a combat value of 3 or less).

Fallen Tree
All characters may cross or stop on a fallen tree.
The fallen tree is not considered to be normal floor squares.

Falling Rocks
Falling rocks is not a normal floor square; objects cannot be placed there.
A non-flying chracter who passes under or stops on a Falling Rocks square is killed from being crushed (except the Stone Elemental).
Only flying characters, the Stone Elemental, the Ghost, or the Specter can pass under Falling Rocks (but if they stop there, they die immediately, except for the Stone Elemental who permanently disables the Falling Rocks).
A non-flying character carrying a shield can pass under Falling Rocks, but is not able to stop there (or he will be crushed to death). He is able during the movement to drop the shield under the Falling Rock so that other characters will be able to pass.
A character can pass under Falling Rocks if a shield is placed there. If he wants to pick up another object that is there, he will have to pass there with help -- to drop a shield and pick up the other object (except for the Paladin who can carry two objects and flying characters who don't need a shield).
A character can enter and stop on a Falling Rocks square on their own. He will then give the corresponding VP to the active player or to the adversaries of the active player when he kills one of his own characters.

Floor Square (Normal Ground)
Normal floor squares are squares which do not present any element influencing play.
The pit traps, rotation gears, mist, trees, 3D obstacles, etc... are not normal floor squares.

Fountain of Youth
A wounded character who is on one of the 4 squares adjacent to a Fountain of Youth can drink there for 1 AP. He immediately becomes unwounded and can perform other actions.
If an unwounded Magophage is on a square adjacent to the Fountain of Youth, the fountain is ineffective. The same holds true if the wounded character is adjacent to the Magophage or in a square of Anti-Magic -- the wounded character will be able to drink, but without gaining the positive effects of the Fountain of Youth, even if the Fountain of Youth is not adjacent to the Magophage (AP is still used).
The Fountain of Youth is a 3D obstacle.

Gravity Well
A Gravity Well is an obstacle, which can be crossed by jumping or using a rope.
No flying movement may occur in a room that contains a Gravity well.
The loss of flying ability occurs at the moment a character enters the room. Therefore if a character has flown over an obstacle to enter the room, he falls and suffers the effects of the square. A character cannot voluntarily arrive over a pit trap.
A character moving with the aid of the 7 Leagues Boots has his magical movement end when he enters the first square in the room.
An object cannot be moved by the Telekineticist in a room containing a Gravity Well.
If a Magophage is adjacent to a Gravity Well, its effects are cancelled. In the same manner, it is possible to fly nonmagically over the squares under the influence of the Magophage in the ultra-gravity room.
The Gravity Well prevents the characters from flying in the room, but does not affect ranged combat.

Ice
Ice is not magical even if it results from the Scroll of Ice.
Ice markers are considered to be Snowy Ground.
The Yeti, the Mammoth, the Ice Dragon, and the Ice Elemental gain a +1 combat bonus when they are on an ice square.
A tile of ice can be melted for 0 AP by a character carrying a torch and by the Fire Elemental (with or without a torch), if he is on an adjacent square. Remove the ice marker.
If the Fire Elemental (wounded or unwounded) is on an ice square at the end of an action, the ice square melts automatically (and the Fire Elemental dies if it turns into a water square).
Ice is not considered to be an obstacle. A character with a rope on ice does not lose any bonus from snowy ground.

03 Aoû 2009, 05:57
Champion d'Allemagne

objets sont uploaded; on manque seulement les decors

Dernière édition par mayo66 le 06 Aoû 2009, 10:55, édité 1 fois.

05 Aoû 2009, 10:50

Still working on terrain...

Geoff

05 Aoû 2009, 12:16
Champion d'Allemagne

Done so far. Hadn't found time to read it over yet.

06 Aoû 2009, 17:28

There weren't too many confusing parts, so hopefully it is all good.

I hope to finish up in the next few days -- then I will proofread it as well.

Thanks,

Geoff

06 Aoû 2009, 17:43

Geoff

Ice Bridge
An Ice Bridge can be crossed by any character (regardless of combat value) like normal ground. For other purposed, the Ice Bridge is not normal ground however.
An Ice Bridge can be melted for 1 AP, by the Fire Elemental or a character carrying a torch if they are on an adjacent square. Place a rift marker on the square.
A character without a rope who is on the Ice Bridge when it is melted is automatically killed. A character carrying a rope who is on the Ice Bridge when it is melted can only stay there if the rope has two valid attachment points.
Any objects on the Ice Bridge when it is melted are destroyed (except for the rope if it has two valid attachment points).
An Ice Bridge is considered to be Snowy Ground. Thus, the Yeti, Mammoth, Ice Dragon, and Ice Elemental have a +1 combat bonus when they are on an Ice Bridge.
If the Fire Elemental (wounded or unwounded) is on an Ice Bridge at the end of an action, it melts automatically (with fatal consequences for the Fire Elemental).

Ice Mirror
The effects of the Ice Mirror are applicable in all cases where the rules require line of sight.
A line of sight leading to an Ice Mirror is reflected at a right angle.
A line of sight can be reflected successively on several Ice Mirrors.
If one of the two walls supporting the Ice Mirror is destroyed, the Ice Mirror is also destroyed.
An improved line of sight (from a tree) reflected on an Ice Mirror retains its improved status.

Ice Slope
An Ice Slope can only be crossed in the direction of the arrow during movement.
An Ice Slope does not block flying characters.
Ice Slopes are not obstacles. However, they can be jumped in the direction of descent if an obstacle is adjacent to the slope.
Two adjacent squares separated by an Ice Slope are not considered adjacent for the purposes of actions. It is impossible to carry out an action on the adjacent square across an Ice Slope (to drink from the Fountain of Youth, reveal a room, or repel a character for example) even in the direction of the slope.
Close combat cannot take place between two characters separated by an Ice Slope.
An Ice Slope does not block line of sight in either direction.
It is possible to repel a character down an Ice Slope in the direction of the slope.

Illusion
The Illusionist has the ability to create an Illusion.
The Illusion is either Rubble or a Pit Trap.

Lava
A Lava square is an obstacle. It can be crossed with the help of a rope or by jumping.
A character cannot enter a Lava square. If a character ends up in a Lava square for any reason, he dies immediately.
The Fire Elemental can enter a Lava square at will, but cannot carry objects or wounded characters there.

Library
The Library is a 3D obstacle.
When a room containing Libraries is revealed, the player revealing the room takes 2 neutral scrolls and places them face down, one on each library without looking at them.
A character standing on one of the two squares adjacent to the Library may search it for 1 AP. He can take the scroll and place it under his character after showing it to his opponent. If he cannot take the scroll (because he already has an object, or 2 in the case of the Paladin), he cannot search the Library.
The Ghost, Specter, and Bat cannot search the Library.
The available neutral scrolls are: Charm Scroll, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Inversion, and Scroll or Reconstruction.

Mist
Mist can cover other types of terrain (ground, pit trap, rotation gear, falling rocks, etc...).
Mist blocks line of sight.
A character in Mist cannot be targeted by a Fireball Wand or another magic spell (Charm Scroll, for example) or ranged combat even if the enemy character is adjacent to him.
A character in Mist can use ranged combat and throw Fireballs if the as long as the line of sight does not cross another Mist square. He can also target himself.
An object in a Mist square cannot be reached using the ability of the Telekineticist.
A character in Mist can be attacked in close combat.
When a room is revealed, a character or object cannot be placed on a Mist square.

Obstacle
Only obstacles can be crossed using a jump.
Pit Traps, Water, Lava, Rifts, Braziers, Small Bridges for character with a combat value greater than 3, Gravity Wells, Pipes for characters with a combat value greater than 2, and open Pit Traps are the only obstacles.

Pentacle Room
If a player is the only one to have a character standing on the Pentacle (which consists of 4 squares) and that character is unwounded, he has an additional VP. This VP will be lost if the character leaves the Pentacle or is wounded.
He will also lose this VP if character of another color moves onto one of the squares of the Pentacle.
A player with two characters on the Pentacle still only gains 1 VP.

Pit Trap
A wounded or unwounded character can stop on a Pit Trap if he is carrying a rope. If the rope is removed (taken by an enemy character, stolen by the Pickpocket) the character falls into the Pit Trap and dies.
The Thief is the only characer who can stop on a Pit Trap without a rope. However, if she is wounded, she will die (unless she is carrying a rope).
Some characters, mostly flying and incorporeal, can move over a Pit Trap, but cannot stop there: Angel of Light, Dark Angel, Wizard, Ghost, Specter, Elf Scout.
Other characters can cross the Pit Trap by using a jump card.
Sometimes, two Pit Traps are adjacent to form a double pit trap.
If a the end of an action, a character is on a Pit Trap without a rope, he dies immediately.

Pit Trap Trigger
Pit Trap Triggers allow a character to activate all the Remote Pit Traps on the board which have the same symbol as the trigger.
Pit Trap Triggers are regarded as normal floor squares for the sake of movement and line of sight rules.
To activate a Pit Trap Trigger, it is enough for most characters to move over the trigger or to stop there.
The flying and incorporeal characters (Ghost and Specter) must stop on the Pit Trap Trigger in order to activate the Pit Traps.
The Pit Trap Trigger is considered activated as long as a character (living or wounded) remains on the trigger square.
Pit Trap Triggers are not obstacles, but characters may jump over them.

Portcullis
The Portcullis acts like a wall and is impassable.
The Warrior, Mummy, Dwarf Troll Slayer, Stone Elemental, Mammoth, and Minotaur can break a Portcullis, which will remain broken for the remainder of the game.
The Thief can open a Portcullis. She can also close an open Portcullis.
The Ghost and Specter can pass through Portcullises as if they weren't there.
The Wall Walker cannot cross a Portcullis.
A character carrying a Key can open or close a Portcullis like the Thief.
A web can be placed on a broken Portcullis, but not an open Portcullis.

Remote Pit Trap
A Remote Pit Trap is active when the corresponding Pit Trap Trigger is activated by a character standing upon it. When this occurs, all traps having the same symbol are activated.
An activated Remote Pit Trap is treated as a Pit Trap.
An inactivated Remote Pit Trap is treated as a normal floor square for movement only.
A Remote Pit Trap does not block line of sight.
A character on a Remote Pit Trap when it is activated dies immediately (except for the Thief, or if the character has a rope and there are two attachment points).
Any objects on a Remote Pit Trap when it is activated are destroyed (except the rope if it has two attachment points).

Rift
A Rift is simply a hole in the ground.
A flying character (Wizard, etc...), the Ghost, or the Specter can pass over Rift squares during movement, but cannot stop there.
Characters who can move over Pit Traps, like the Thief or Elf Scout cannot move over a Rift square.
A character carrying a rope can use it to cross or stop on a Rift square if there are two valid attachment points available. However, the character's movement must travel from one valid floor square to another.

Room
A Room is a board of 5x5 squares.
Each Room has a sister Room denoted by a matching number.

Rotation Gear
A character who is on a Rotation Gear can, for 1 AP, rotate the room in the direction indicated by the arrow a quarter turn.
He can spend several AP to rotate the room several quarter turns.
The character can also spend 1 AP to rotate the paired room of the same color and number in its place. This rotation must be done in the direction indicated by the arrow in the room which is rotating.
The Mekanork can rotate rooms in the direction he wishes regardless of the arrow's direction.
It is legal to place a character or object on a Rotation Gear at the time a room is revealed.

Rubble
Rubble is an illusion created by the Illusionist.
Rubble must be placed within the Illusionist's line of sight on an empty floor square. The Rubble square becomes impassable to any characters except: the Illusionist who placed the Rubble, the Ghost, and the Specter who can cross the square but not stop there.
Rubble is discarded at the end of any action in which the Magophage is adjacent to it.
It is impossible to create a Rubble illusion in or through the Anti-Magic room (AP spent nonetheless).
The Illusionist can remove the Rubble of her color for 1AP and place it somewhere else in her line of sight if she wishes.
Rubble blocks line of sight, except for the Illusionist who created it, who it does not affect.
Rubble is removed if the Illusionist of the same color dies. It remains in place indefinitely if the Illusionist of the same color exits the dungeon.
Rubble is not a valid attachment point for a rope.

Sacred Tomb
The Sacred Tomb is in Room 17 (clockwise direction).
The Sacred Tomb is comprised of the sarcophagus and the 10 squares around it.
The sarcophagus is a 3D obstacle.
Undead characters cannot enter the Sacred Tomb or be placed there when the room is revelaed.
An undead character cannot attack a character standing in the Sacred Tomb. While attacking, an undead character cannot take part in group combat if one of the adjacent enemies is in the Sacred Tomb.
If for any reason an undead character ends up in the Sacred Tomb, he dies immediately and gives a VP to the opposing player or the active player that caused the action.

Snowy Ground
Snowy Ground squares are considered to be normal floor squares. Snowy Ground squares are not Ice squares.
Snowy Ground squares are not obstacles. Therefore, a rope does not affect the combat bonus (see below).
Up to the "Lands of Ice" expansion, only rooms 33, 34, 35, and 36 contain Snowy Ground squares. All of the normal ground squares in these rooms are Snowy Ground (with or without mist). The squares with Wall Sconces are Snowy Ground squares.
These squares are not Snowy Ground squares (with or without mist): Rotation Gears, Trees, Fallen Trees, Water, Starting Lines, Rifts, Pit Traps.
Currently, the characters which gain a +1 combat bonus when on Snowy Ground are: Yeti, Mammoth, Ice Dragon, and Ice Elemental.

Small Bridge
The Small Bridge is an obstacle for characters having a combat value greater than 3.
Characters having a combat value less than 4 can pass over the Small Bridge as if it were normal ground.
Characters having a combat value higher than 3 (the value on the token only) cannot go onto a Small Bridge of their own accord, even under the effect of a Charm Scroll. If such a character ends up on a Small Bridge, it breaks (place a broken marker on the Small Bridge square)) and the character is on the terrain which is under the Bridge and suffer its effects.
A character having a combat value higher than 3 can cross a Small Bridge if he is carrying a rope. They can also jump over a Small Bridge.
A Small Bridge can be used as an attachment point for a rope for any character whose combat value is 3 or less.
A Druid can place vines on a Small Bridge as he can for any other obstacle.

15 Aoû 2009, 13:28
Prince d'Orl

Good job :) :geek:

26 Aoû 2009, 09:49
Profil YIM Site Internet

Welcome back -- I hope you had a nice holiday. I'm almost completed with the glossary. Hopefully I'll finish up tonight...

Geoff

26 Aoû 2009, 13:45
Prince d'Orl

Thanks Phil.

Welcome back -- I hope you had a nice holiday.

Thanks Geoff !
Fine, very nice holiday.
I read 5 books on the beach.
Sea, Sun and To sleep 8-) I regenerated himself !

Citation:
I'm almost completed with the glossary. Hopefully I'll finish up tonight...

Geoff

Fantastic, Incredible, Marvelous.... Congratulation !

26 Aoû 2009, 14:01
Profil YIM Site Internet

Message The last section
Here is the last part of the English translation of the glossary. I'll proofread it over the next few days and let you know if there are any mistakes. I'd appreciate some other people checking it as well.

I'm just curious, I didn't see anything about Stairs not affecting ranged combat in the English rulebooks. Is this official?

I was also wondering if you thought the Glossary translation should be added as a Boardgamegeek file. It has alot of specific rules that are not available elsewhere in English. It would probably help English speaking players.

Now back to my other translationg -- Feu et Sang... :)

Didn't I read something about a reward? :twisted:

Enjoy!

Geoff

Stairs
A character standing on Stairs has his combat value reduced by one (for both attack and defense). Stairs do not carry a penalty during ranged attacks. There is no penalty for attacking with a ranged weapon, for the Archer, Crossbowman or any other character/object with ranged capabilities when they are on a staircase.
Characters move on Stairs as if it were normal ground.
Stairs block line of sight. However, line of sight can start or end on a Stairs square.

Starting Line
The Starting Line is not considered a room. A character cannot be charmed while on a Starting Line. An illusion cannot be created there, and characters cannot teleport there.
The squares of the Starting Line are valid squares, but they are not normal floor squares.
A character can move on his Starting Line and leave objects there as in a room. He can even go back onto the Starting Line from a room.
A character standing on his Starting Line can be attacked, targeted, or burned by a fireball.
A character who arrives on the opponent's Starting Line is directly teleported and leaves the dungeon. He gains 1 VP (two for the Goblin). He cannot under any circumstances pick up an objects on this Starting Line during his movement.
Only flying and incorporeal characters can exit if an enemy character is located on the exit square of the opponent's Starting Line and this is also true if it is the last square of movement.
A character can exit the dungeon while moving into a square which contains a wounded enemy character and this is also true if it is the last square of movement..
A character cannot exit the dungeon on the opponent's Starting Line by jumping if there is a wounded enemy character at the end of the jump.

Statue
The Statue is on clockwise room 18 (from the Forces of Darkness expansion).
The Statue holds a Two Handed Sword in its hands.
A character (except the Ghost, Specter, and Bat) standing in front of the Stature (the only square adjacent to both the Statue and darkness) can, for 1 AP, take the Two Handed Sword.
The Statue can only provide one Two Handed Sword per game.
The Statue is a 3D Obstacle.

3D Obstacle
A 3D Obstacle is a terrain element that occupies an entire square.
A 3D Obstacle can be crossed by flying characters, the Ghost, and Specter, but noone can stop on it.
3D Obstacles do not block lines of sight from characters in a tree.
3D Obstacles cannot be used as attachment points for rope (except for trees).

Tomb
There are 3 tombs in each room 30 from the Forces of Darkness expansion.
A Tomb does not block movement, but does block line of sight.
It is possible to stop on a Tomb.
A Necromancer adjacent to a Tomb can, for 1 AP, raise a Zombie. Place a Zombie token of the same color as the Necromancer on the Tomb (the stacking rules must be respected).
A Tomb can provide only one Zombie per game (place a broken marker on the Tomb).

Trees
Trees are 3D obstacles.
Characters that have a combat value of 3 or less can finish their movement in a Tree (they cannot pass through them in one action, except for flying and incorporeal characters).
A character stopped in a Tree can move normally for 1 AP.
A character in a Tree has improved line of sight: it is not blocked by other characters, 3D obstacles, stairs, other Trees and vines. An improved line of sight (leaving a tree) retains its "improved" ability when reflected in a mirror.
An elf in a Tree is invisible and cannot be targeted except by another elf or a character carrying the Amulet of Elvish Vision. Close combat is still possible.
A character cannot be pushed back into a Tree.
A character can jump from a Tree, but not towards a Tree.
If a Tree in the mist is chopped down or uprooted, the mist disappears.

Vines
Vine squares can be crossed normally.
A character can stop in a Vine square and can take a neutral rope for 1 AP (if he does not have another object or wounded character). Place a broken marker on the Vine square to indicate that the rope was taken.
A Vine square can provide only one rope per game.
Line of sight can enter or leave a Vine square, but cannot pass through it (even if the rope has already been taken).

Wall
The Wall-Walker can pass through an adjacent Wall for 1 AP.
The Ghost and the Specter can pass through Walls during their movement as if they did not exist.
The Golem can break an adjacent Wall for 1 AP (he can only do so three times per game).
Walls block line of sight.
Two squares separated by a Wall are not adjacent.

Secret Passage
Elves may pass through Secret Passages as if there was no wall.
Elves may not jump through a Secret Passage.
Elves or any other character may not initiate combat (close or ranged combat) with an enemy character located on the other side of a Secret Passage.
A character carrying the Amulet of Elvish Vision can move through Secret Passages like the elves.
A character cannot reveal a room through a Secret Passage.

Wall Sconce
A character, except the Ghost, Specter, or Bat, adjacent to a Wall Sconce can take a neutral torch (white token) for 1 AP.
The Wall Sconce can only provide one torch per game.
A wall holding a Wall Sconce that is broken by a Golem cannot provide a torch.
If a Shadow takes down a torch, he dies immediately, and gives 1 VP to the active player or to his opponents if the Shadow acts of his own accord.
A square adjacent to a Wall Sconce is considered normal ground.

Water
A water square is an obstacle. It can be crossed with by jumping or using a rope.
A character can move into a water square for 1 AP, regardless of his usual movement value. This does not apply to the Water Elemental who moves normally in water. The Red Dragon does not move in water.
A character who leaves water can move normally.
A character cannot enter water while carrying an object, but he can carry wounded character in water.
An object that falls into water for any reason is lost and removed from the game.
A character in a water square is protected from the breath of the Red Dragon and the Fireball Wand, unless he is carrying a rope.
If the Fire Elemental enters a water square for any reason (for example, under the effect of a Charm Scroll), he is immediately killed.
A Mummy in a water square loses its weakness regarding torches as long as it remains there.
A character carrying a cursed object cannot be pushed towards a water square.
A character carrying an object that is not cursed, drops his object on the previous square when he is pushed into a water square.
It is impossible to voluntarily drop an object into the water (a flying character or a Paladin on a rope cannot do so, it is prohibited).

Web
Only Araknis can create a Web between two squares for 1 AP.
The Web must be placed on a border of the square occupied by Araknis. This line between the 2 squares must be empty -- without wall, portcullis, secret passage or anything else.
The Web can be placed on a broken portcullis or a broken wall, but not an open portcullis.
The Web is always placed on a single room, never between two rooms.
If a Web is placed on the edge of a room, the player controlling Araknis must indicate clearly in which room the Web is placed.
Araknis can weave only three Webs per game.
A Web cannot be destroyed by the Golem or attacked.
A Web can be destroyed by an adjacent character carrying a torch or by a Fire Elemental. The Red Dragon's breath and Fireballs also destroy Webs. For 1 AP, the Web is burned. When a Web is destroyed, it is removed from the game.
The Web prevents any movement, including that of flying characters, between the two squares on which it is located.
The Web is not magic.
Webs block line of sight

27 Aoû 2009, 05:46
Prince d'Orl

Here is the last part of the English translation of the glossary. I'll proofread it over the next few days and let you know if there are any mistakes. I'd appreciate some other people checking it as well.

If I have time, I make a check.
Just remember us the wall walker and a small detail on the VP earned when a character is burned by frireball or breathe fire. not 1VP...if the character is a dragon....
Citation:

I'm just curious, I didn't see anything about Stairs not affecting ranged combat in the English rulebooks. Is this official?

My memory is failed... I think it's a question on the official faq ! The answer is right.

Citation:

I was also wondering if you thought the Glossary translation should be added as a Boardgamegeek file. It has alot of specific rules that are not available elsewhere in English. It would probably help English speaking players.

yes ! Absolutelyt, you can added it as a BGGfile.

Citation:

Now back to my other translationg -- Feu et Sang... :)

:shock:
Good luck for the translation ;)

Citation:

Didn't I read something about a reward? :twisted:

:lol: mmmh, where are you read it ?:twisted:

Citation:

Enjoy!

Geoff

Congratulations... you have make a fine work !!!

27 Aoû 2009, 11:43
Profil YIM Site Internet

If I have time, I make a check.
Just remember us the wall walker and a small detail on the VP earned when a character is burned by frireball or breathe fire. not 1VP...if the character is a dragon....

Was the Wall-Walker question resolved? I don't remember seeing the official answer (maybe it was in another thread).

Phil Goude a écrit:
My memory is failed... I think it's a question on the official faq ! The answer is right.

Just out of curiousity, where is the offical FAQ kept. Is it considered to be the one at legobelin.net? If so, is there any way to print out all those questions and answers. I don't have a laptop computer, so I'd like to take a hard copy with me when I play.

Phil Goude a écrit:

yes ! Absolutelyt, you can added it as a BGGfile.

OK, I'll do that after I proofread it.

Phil Goude a écrit:
Feu et Sang... :)
:shock:
Good luck for the translation ;)

I'll have some questions for you about this. I'm missing some of the details as I translate.

Phil Goude a écrit:
Congratulations... you have make a fine work !!!

Thank you for the compliments. Hopefully this will help the English speakin DT players. Especially after I get it onto BGG.

Geoff

27 Aoû 2009, 19:54

Message Final (hopefully) corrections to the English glossary...
Here are the corrections that I found when proofreading the English glossary.

Just to note: there is still some debate about ropes over double pit traps, jumps to exit the dungeon, and the wall-walker passing through a wall with a rope to arrive on a pit trap.

The following corrections make the glossary consistent with the following:
1. a paladin with two ropes may cross both pit traps and keep both ropes (when translating the glossary this was different in two sections). It is my understanding, that when a rope is placed, it must have two valid attachment points. If one of the points changes, it doesn't matter -- the rope is still valid. Thus, the paladin can place the 2nd rope (which has two valid attachment points when placed) and take the first rope. Then move over the 2nd and take the 2nd rope.
This answer was in the glossary in the Paladin and Ice Witch description, but the rope and double pit trap descriptions said the Paladin could cross, but not pick up the first rope.
2. at the time of jumping, the square on the starting (escape) line must be valid
3. at the time of passing through a wall, the two squares must be valid. Thus, the wall-walker can pass through a wall onto a pit trap that already has a rope, but she cannot carry a rope through the wall to arrive on a pit trap.

If the official answers to these three rules are confirmed, I will change the glossary.

Geoff

Here are the corrections:

Acrobat -- change "falls" to "rubble" [pg : Uploaded]
Angel of Light -- change "posed" in point 2) to "placed" [pg : Uploaded]

Berserker -- add "used." at the end of the first point. [pg : Uploaded]
Fire Elemental -- delete one ""move across and stop on" [pg : Uploaded]

Ice Withch -- third bullet point should read "• A wounded Ice Witch cannot carry two objects or wounded characters. It is forbidden for a character to leave a second object when passing through a square already containing a wounded Ice Witch and an object or wounded character." [pg : Uploaded]

Mummy -- last point should read • A wounded Mummy that is being carried by another character does not force this character to play his +0 card in the event of combat against an opponent carrying a torch.[pg : Uploaded]

Specter -- the first sentence in the 10th point should read • A Specter which ends her
movement on a wounded enemy character may reincarnate into him. [pg : Uploaded]
Telekineticist -- fourth point should read • An object in the mist cannot be used as a target. However, once levitating an object can move through one or more mist squares. [pg : Uploaded]

Troll -- sixth point should be • The Troll can regenerate himself on a small bridge or the pipes which break at the end of the action. The Troll then suffers the effects of the terrain underneath. [pg : Uploaded]

Fireball wand -- 2nd point should read • The Fireball Wand enables the Wizard to throw a fireball towards a square in his line of sight. The first character (friend or enemy, wounded or unwounded) who is hit by the Fireball dies immediately and the opposing player gains 1 VP. If this character was carrying a wounded character, both characters are eliminated and 2 VP are gained. If the character killed is a dragon, 2 VP are gained. If the character was carrying an object, the object remains on the square unless it is on an obstacle (except for the rope).
I added the part about the 2 VP for the dragon[pg : Uploaded]

Fireball Wand -- the seventh point should read • It is possible to use the Fireball Wand on a Living Tree, in which case, it returns to its owners hand. If one or more characters are in the tree, they are killed, even if it is an elf or Courtesan. [pg : Uploaded]

30 Aoû 2009, 07:21

Message Final corrections part two
Here are the rest of the corrections.

Geoff

Katana -- last point should read • A Samurai with a Katana, or a Paladin or Ice Witch with 2 Katanas can attack twice per turn for one less AP (for example, two attacks for 0 AP). The cost of combat can never be lower than 0 AP (particularly if the above rules are respected).

Ring of Paralysis -- first point should read • The character carrying the Ring of Paralysis can, during an opponent's turn, magically paralyze an enemy character who moves into his line of sight. The paralyzed character can not perform any actions until the end of the turn.

Rope -- last point should read • If you wish to cross 2 successive squares of pit traps (or other obstacles), you can use the rope to cross the first pit trap and use a jump to go over the second (the whole action requires 2 AP).
I removed the part about the double pit trap.
Use updated version later in the thread.

Jump -- 5th point should read • A character having a combat value above 3 can jump over a small bridge (except the Red Dragon).

Ice -- 5th point should read • If the Fire Elemental (wounded or unwounded) is on an ice square at the end of an action, the ice square melts automatically (and the Fire Elemental dies as the ice turns into water).

Mist -- 4th point should read • A character in Mist can use ranged combat and throw Fireballs as long as the line of sight does not cross another Mist square. He can also target himself.

Small Bridge -- 3rd point should read • Characters having a combat value of greater than 3 (the value on the token only) cannot go onto a Small Bridge of their own accord, even under the effect of a Charm Scroll. If such a character ends up on a Small Bridge, it breaks (place a broken marker on the Small Bridge square) and the character is on the terrain under the bridge and suffers its effects.

Double Pit Trap -- 4th point should read, in order to agree with the paladin and ice witch descriptions: • A Paladin carrying two ropes can cross two adjacent obstacles. He must use the first rope on the first obstacle (two attachment points required) and place the second rope on the second obstacle, provided that the second obstacle has an attachment point (the first attachment point can be provided by the first rope). He can also go back after placing the second rope and retrieve the first rope (one does not take the attachment points into account at the moment when the rope is retrieved). Use updated version later in the thread.

Dernière édition par gheintze le 02 Sep 2009, 06:44, édité 1 fois.

30 Aoû 2009, 07:29
Prince d'Orl

Here are the corrections that I found when proofreading the English glossary.

Just to note: there is still some debate about ropes over double pit traps, jumps to exit the dungeon, and the wall-walker passing through a wall with a rope to arrive on a pit trap.

The following corrections make the glossary consistent with the following:
1. a paladin with two ropes may cross both pit traps and keep both ropes (when translating the glossary this was different in two sections). It is my understanding, that when a rope is placed, it must have two valid attachment points. If one of the points changes, it doesn't matter -- the rope is still valid. Thus, the paladin can place the 2nd rope (which has two valid attachment points when placed) and take the first rope. Then move over the 2nd and take the 2nd rope.
This answer was in the glossary in the Paladin and Ice Witch description, but the rope and double pit trap descriptions said the Paladin could cross, but not pick up the first rope.
2. at the time of jumping, the square on the starting (escape) line must be valid
3. at the time of passing through a wall, the two squares must be valid. Thus, the wall-walker can pass through a wall onto a pit trap that already has a rope, but she cannot carry a rope through the wall to arrive on a pit trap.

If the official answers to these three rules are confirmed, I will change the glossary.

Geoff

I have ask to Sherinford by MP...Waiting her answer :) I know the answer, but my english is very poor :oops:

31 Aoû 2009, 17:48
Profil YIM Site Internet
Eminent Dresseur de Dindons

In a single move, he must leave the first rope.

But he still could do a go-between to get it back.

Citation:

Right.

Citation:

I think Chris ruled that the Wall walker was able to cross the wall bringing the rope with her...

Yes... Confirmation here:

http://www.legobelin.net/faq_lire_en.php?id=4

31 Aoû 2009, 22:53
Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 107 messages ]  Aller à la page Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante