Nous sommes le 14 Déc 2018, 07:50

Another Feu et Sang question 
Auteur Message

Message Another Feu et Sang question
I'm having trouble with the Note on Elemental Scrolls on page 13. Would someone please translate into English?

I think it says : "During a friendly game or scenario, you can add an Elemental Scroll to the other 4 neutral scrolls when you search a library from the Fire and Water expansion. Thus, the number of available scrolls increases from 4 to 5."

However, there are only four squares of library in Fire and Water. Would this mean that only 4 of the 5 scrolls would be found? Or can you now find 5 scrolls during the game? I'm just curious if I'm missing a part of the sentence.

Also, I find this scenario interesting since they include the Elemental Scrolls, but there is no water -- so how can water elementals be summoned?

And how does "Les Vases Communicants" translate?

Thanks,

Geoff

05 Sep 2009, 06:42
Champion d'Allemagne

However, there are only four squares of library in Fire and Water. Would this mean that only 4 of the 5 scrolls would be found? Or can you now find 5 scrolls during the game?

You can only and always find two scrolls (in one room #16).
Each library contains only one scroll. It has to squares on which you can riffle through the library, but after you've found a scroll, the library is empty.
[By the way: Has someone ever mentioned that there can occur a problem when playing with the disciple? Look what is written down at the Arch-Mage Treasure, conclude it to disciple/library and solve the problem. ;) ]
When playing with a 5th scroll, you'll simply find 2 out of 5 instead 2 out of 4. That's all.

Even if there's no water square in this specific scenario and water elementals cannot be summoned... it's a general explication and therefore true.

les vases communicants > communicating vessels < kommunizierende Röhren
That's a term from physics. :geek:

Oops... almost forgotten... I would translate the note on page 13 as:
During a friendly game or scenario, you can add an Elemental Scroll to the other 4 neutral scrolls when you search a library from the Fire and Water expansion. Thus, the number of available scrolls increases from 4 to 5. ;)

Dann verließen sie mich. - Then they have dungeoned me.

05 Sep 2009, 10:49